Valhalla in Silverton!
[PLEASE NOTE: Valhalla is the name of the Paradise Retreat for the Nordic gods. What a truly special place for you to explore, recreate in and rejuvenate. Please, enjoy! Bill & Chris Gardner]
Bring your family and friends to stay in Valhalla (Mountain Paradise) at 9,318 feet above sea level in Silverton, Colorado!
Our 1898 Miner’s remodeled home on a huge corner lot with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths awaits your discovery. The property is located on the old “Poverty Flats” of the 1890’s where the first Black Miner built this sturdy home for his family. The irony is that the Grandest Views of the Valley are located on Poverty Flats with stunning vistas of 5 towering San Juan Mountains right from the living room and kitchen areas.
Valhalla sleeps up to 10 vacationers – 2 in each bedroom and 2 on the Queen size sofa sleeper. Each bedroom is named after the mountain peak it faces: The Kendall, Boulder, Snowden and Sultan Rooms. The 3 upstairs bedrooms have their own shower and bathroom. Downstairs, the bathroom suite features a modern
laundry room and a steam / shower comfortably seating 3 for those apres-ski or after hike warm-ups.
The main floor has a modern kitchen, a large oak dining table, and a living room that features a Massage Chair, seating for 8 and a wall hung TV with satellite services. The living room opens onto The San Juan Sunroom – an intimate Victorian sitting room with floor to ceiling windows providing one of the most stunning mountain views in Colorado – just right for morning coffee or an evening drink!
The oversized corner yard is completely fenced making Valhalla a dog friendly retreat. A large barbeque, comfortable outdoor furniture, aspen and spruce trees, and summer wildflowers provide an alpine haven for family & friends barbeques and outdoor living. Valhalla has off-street driveway parking for 4 vehicles and fence-side parking for 4 more.
Come, hike, bike, climb, ski, snow-shoe, and REJUVENATE at Valhalla!Specifications
▪ Address: 1619 Mineral Street – drive north straight thru town just past historic San Juan County Courthouse; make a right on 16th Street and go 2 blocks to corner of 16th and Mineral Streets.
▪ Sleeping: 4 bedrooms plus Queen size sleeper sofa – 10 people.
▪ Comfort: gas heat
▪ Safety: Home has been completely re-wired with modern electricity, plumbing upgraded, and thoroughly insulated.
▪ Seasonal Renting: Summer and Autumn for hiking, wildflowers, mountain or road biking, Jeeping, mountaineering, trout fishing and Fall elk and deer hunting. Winter and Spring for downhill skiing, backcountry skiing, cross country skiing, ice-climbing and snowmobiling.
o Winter: December, January, March – $1,250 weekly; $250 nightly, minimum of 3 nights.
o Spring: April and May – $1,000 weekly – $200 nightly, minimum 4 nights.
▪ Core Summer Months: June, August, September – $1,400 weekly, $350 nightly, minimum 3 nights.
o July: $1,600 weekly OR $400.00 nightly minimum 4 nights.
o Local Taxes, Fees and Refundable Damage Deposit:
▪ 11% tax plus $2 per night lodging fee
▪ $500 fully refundable damage deposit
▪ $500 fully refundable Wood Stove / Fireplace use
▪ 1,800 square foot home completely remodeled in 2013
▪ Extremely quiet neighborhood with DARK SKIES for star gazing [NOTE: August is Meteor Shower season]
▪ STUNNING views with airy, natural sunlight downstairs
▪ 3 Queen beds, 2 Twin beds and sofa sleeper
▪ New 5-burner range and oven
▪ New dishwasher, refrigerator / freezer with ice-maker
▪ Butcher block / granite counter, food prep area
▪ Double stainless steel sink
▪ Microwave oven, coffee maker and tea pot
▪ Kitchen cupboards STOCKED with spices, breakfast cereals, crackers, snacks, selection of teas and coffee
▪ Silverton Tap Water voted best tasting in Colorado!
▪ Dining Room with Oak table and chairs with seating for up to 10
▪ Complete dishware, coffee / tea cups, drinking glasses
▪ Complete selection of cooking pans, pots, baking pans and utensils
▪ Knives, forks and spoons
▪ Modern energy efficient laundry washer and dryer
▪ Night stands and / or dressers in each bedroom
▪ Thick and warm quilts / blankets on each bed
▪ Bath and hand towels in each bathroom
▪ Living area wall mounted 42-inch TV with Direct TV service including Sports channels
▪ Seating for 8 with a luxurious Massage Chair with multiple settings
▪ Wireless Internet service and Stereo CD player
▪ Large outdoor barbeque (can cook for 10!)
▪ Outdoor seating for 10 plus Outdoor Fireplace (meets legal requirements for in-Town outdoor fire pit)
▪ Entry Mud Room for backpacks, skis or snow-shoes
▪ Picnic tables